Right here in this post, we guide you on how to Hard Reset your Google Pixel 2 XL Android smartphone without problems, when you forget your mobile password or pattern lock.
Here you can without problems unlock and Reset the Google Pixel 2 XL Android smartphone if you forgot your smartphone password or pattern lock or PIN. Please examine carefully all methods one by one to Hard Reset your Google Android smartphone.
There are different methods to reset your mobile along with the hard reset method, Reset with Google find my device, Android multi-tools, Google security questions, Google account, factory reset, and so on.
We can help you reset your Password, face lock, and pattern lock or Pin without cost. We aren’t answerable for information loss.
What is Hard Reset?
A hard reset is also referred to as a master reset or factory reset. This method is used to reset your smartphone when you forget your password or pattern lock, and this method additionally can be applied when you’re selling your mobile, to remove all of your information and accounts. After performing this operation, your smartphone will be as new as simply come from the factory.
Earlier than hard reset, Backup your data and remove the SD card and SIM cards from the smartphone, and the battery should be fully charged.
- Hold down the power button, until you see a secure screen.
- In this step, Drag on the Restart.
- Soft Reset finished on your Android smartphone.
Hard Reset Google Android Phone
Hard reset deletes all mobile data which includes images, videos, and contacts stored on your smartphone. So backup Android information earlier than resetting your smartphone if possible. You can’t recover information after a hard reset.
Hard Reset Method
- First, turn off your Google Pixel 2 XL Android smartphone.
- Then press and hold the Volume (+) and power button (OR)
- volume (-) and power button
- Release all buttons when you see a Logo on the display.
- When your smartphone reloads, you may see a display screen saying No Command with the tricky Android robot.
- Subsequent, holding down the power button, press and release the Volume (+) Button.
- Occasionally it takes you directly to the recovery screen.
- Now choose the Wipe data/factory reset option, by using the volume buttons to navigate and the power button to confirm.
- Subsequent, choose the Yes option.
- After the reset is entire, you may bounce back to the same recovery mode menu.
- In the end, select the Reboot system now option.
- Reset completed to your mobile.
Your smartphone will turn on and reset to its factory settings. The next time you switch on the smartphone, you will go through the initial setup process like a brand-new smartphone. After setup, you may go to restore your data from where it was backed up.
If the above method does not work, follow this guide to get more hard reset methods through recovery mode.
Reset with Google Find My Device
Right here, you can without difficulty unlock and reset your Android smartphone with Google find My device in case you forgot your smartphone password or pattern lock or PIN.
You can track your smartphone location earlier than resetting. For this, you need your Google Account information on mobile.
This method deletes all of your smartphone information, and you can not recover it back.
Reset with Google find my device steps are shown below.
- Take your computer or smartphone and connect to the internet.
- Subsequently, open any browser and search for Google find my device.
- Now log out of your computer account and log in with your smartphone account.
- In this step, you’ll find three options on the screen, play sound, secure device, and Erase device.
- Choose the Erase device option.
- Once more, choose to Erase all data option.
- Confirm Erase option.
- In the end, the device reset successfully.
All the software right here helps you to bypass the Android lock without losing information.
Unlock software to remove all types of lock screen on your Android device, such as pattern, PIN, face, password, and fingerprint.
Reset with Android Multi tools
Hard Reset with the Android Multi-tools method isn’t only for Google mobiles but also the same for all android mobiles. This method guides you to reset any android mobile. This method also deletes all your mobile data and accounts on it.
To perform this method you need a computer with an internet connection and data cable to connect mobile to PC. follow the below steps to reset your smartphone.
- First, turn on your PC and connect to the internet.
- Then open any browser and download android multi-tools.
- Subsequently, open the downloaded file and install the file.
- Next, open the android tools.
- Then Enable USB debugging on your mobile.
- Settings>>System>>About phone>>tap Build number 7 times>>Developer options>>USB debugging
- Now let go on pressing the volume (+) and power button
- volume (-) and power button
- volume (+) and Home and power button
- Subsequently, you will find Android boot mode on the screen.
- Then connect your mobile to your PC by using a data cable.
- Now select Number 5 (wipe data) in android tools.
- Click on Enter.
- Wait for a while.
- Reset done on your mobile successfully.
Unlock Password by using Backup PIN
This is another option that lets you unlock your smartphone password without a factory reset. One thing you will notice is that when you enable the pattern lock on your device, a security PIN is also asked at that time.
So if you are unable to unlock your device, you may have the option of a backup PIN that will help you to unlock your device. For that, follow the steps below.
- First, turn on your Google Pixel 2 XL mobile.
- Go to Android pattern lock.
- After trying several times, you will get a message to try after 30 seconds.
- Next, there you will see the option Backup PIN.
- After that, click on it.
- In this step, enter the backup Pin, and tap on the OK.
- Eventually, entering the backup Pin can unlock your device.
Unlock with Google security Questions
This method is helpful to unlock your smartphone simplest when it asks for Google security questions on the display after number of unsuccessful tries.
The subsequent steps guide you to unlock your mobile.
- First, the smartphone should consist of an Active internet connection.
- After many unsuccessful attempts, you will find the Forget pattern option.
- Next, choose the Forget pattern option.
- Now select the Answer question option.
- Subsequently, give an answer to google security questions.
- Then select the unlock option.
- Finally, select the Yes option.
- Now create a new Pattern or PIN.
- Unlock done successfully on your mobile.
Reset with Reset Codes
|*#*#7780#*#*||Erase all your device information like photos, apps, and settings, etc.|
|*2767*3855#||It will also format all your tool information and reinstall Android tool firm|
Unlock with Google Account
Google account also helps you to unlock your Google Android smartphone. This method also requires an active internet connection. This method does not delete your mobile data.
The following steps guide you to unlock your Google Pixel 2 XL smartphone.
- First, turn on your Google Pixel 2 XL android mobile.
- Subsequently, try for a number of attempts to unlock.
- After a number of unsuccessful attempts, you will find the Forget pattern option.
- Next, select the Forget pattern option.
- Then enter the email address and password.
- Click on the Sign-in option.
- Subsequently, enter your new pin or pattern.
- Then click on the Continue option.
- Re-enter your new pin or pattern and continue.
- Finally, unlock done on your mobile.
Unlock with Google Smart Lock
Google has introduced smart Lock alongside version 5.0 Lollipop of its Android smartphone operating system, and it’s been slightly improved since then. Smart Lock allows you to specific situations while it is safe to skip the Pin, pattern, or another hop you have set up to unlock your smartphone.
If smart Lock is enabled, you are ready to start configuring your smartphone to unlock automatically. There are five options: on-body detection, trusted locations, trusted devices, trusted face, and voice match. Notice that not all of these devices are available on each device, so you should check with your smartphone manufacturer what works and what doesn’t.
Factory Reset Google Android Phone
A factory reset is used to speed up your smartphone when it is slow or hanged. First, you have to back up your data before performing this operation because it may delete all your data.
The following methods help you to factory reset your mobile.
- First, turn on your android smartphone by pressing the power button.
- Then go to the Settings menu.
- Click on the Backup and Reset option.
- Subsequent, select the Factory Data Reset option.
- Subsequently, you should then see a long listing of accounts, apps and so on.
- Then scroll to the bottom.
- After that, choose the Reset phone option.
- If you have screen lock, you may want to enter your password, pin, or Pattern lock.
- Ultimately, Tap on the Erase everything.
- Factory reset, effectively done on your mobile.
Your smartphone will switch on and reset to its factory settings. The subsequent time you turn on the smartphone, you will go through the initial setup process like a brand-new smartphone. After setup, you can go to restore your data from where it was backed up.
If the above method does not work, follow this guide to get more factory reset methods through recovery mode.